CREAMY AREQUIPE

CREAMY AREQUIPE

arequipe colombiano cremoso


Arequipe (cajeta  , dulce de leche ).


INGREDIENTS

-250 ml milk.
-20 gr salted butter.
-125 gr sugar.
-1/4 tsp bicarbonate.

INSTRUCCIONES:

1.Mix the milk, sugar, and butter into a heavy pot and bring to cook over high heat.

2..Let the mix boil for  10 minutes and then add the bicarbonate, don't add it before because the sauce going to take a darker brown color.

leche azucar mantequilla


3. 10 minutes boiling after, add bicarbonate, stir every now and then from 10 until 20.
leche hervida


4.  Stir continued and strong to avoid lumps from 20 minutes of cooking time.

5.From  25 minutes of cooking time, arequipe almost as ready let simmer until reduced and caramel is thick, brown and the temperature reaches 115 C degrees.


arequipe cremoso


6.Pour into a bowl and let cool down.

Look at this video if you would like to know the required texture.



HAPPY AREQUIPE MEMORIES AND  SOME NONSENSE THEORIES

From my fond childhood memories, I remember my abuela's and mama's arequipe.They prepared it differently, my abuela added rice flour to arequipe and mama didn't but both have believed the  success of preparing arequipe  requires a special gift  you're born with and no everyone has it, notably my abuela had deeply held belief was at face value that She didn't permit  an ordinary person assisted her   meanwhile she was cooking because it  could easily ruin arequipe with touching of the hands or gaze, of eyes.

Although my abuela did not think or did not knows cooking techniques she was a really skilled person and had a native sense very precise with the cooking.

I confess that a  for a long time I have thought as my abuela and mama that the cooking was a special gift you are born with , until some cooking techniques  I have studied took away ideas of  "la mano pa la cocina" ( a special gift  you're born for cooking) and humor, but I dare not to stir arequipe with a metal spoon because she taught me that can make  sugar crystallize easily and I have seen when  I do it with wooden spoon my arequipe success  that I don"t want to try  ruin it.




Why Colombians name AREQUIPE to DULCE DE LECHE?

Probably because of someone taste arequipe by the first time in AREQUIPA , Peru  in the composed dessert with dulce the leche and meringue  name "suspiro a la limeña" and that someone  introduced dulce leche and meringue renamed as arequipe in honor to the city was spotted anyway, I digress, I don't know really  the above is nonsense theory from my mind.

Colombian cuise , tradicional colombian cuise , traditional colobian dishes , colombian araequipe

CREAMY AREQUIPE CREAMY AREQUIPE Reviewed by Chori Agamez on 11:06 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.